Change of Object of the Company
If the Company is willing to change its business activity the Company can alter its main objects by passing Special Resolution at General Meeting and subject to compliance with Companies Act, 2013 and approval of ROCs. The company must change its name also to bring it in conformity with main objects if there is change in business activities.
Frequently Asked Question
Company can change object of the company by holding of Board Meeting & passing special resolution in the General Meeting after that file form MGT-14 within 30 days from the date of passing of special resolution of the Company with prescribed fee.
Following information and documents are required for change of object of the Company:-
- Details of new activity of the Company for incorporate in MOA.
- Board resolution for change object clause of MOA of the Company.
- Board resolution for notice of EGM of the Company.
- Notice of EGM with explanatory statement.
- Special resolution for alter object clause of MOA.
- Altered MOA of the Company.
Yes, passing special resolution in the General Meeting is mandatory for change of object of the Company.
Following are the attachments of Form MGT-14:
- Notice of EGM.
- Certified True copy of Special Resolution along with explanatory statement.
- Altered Memorandum of Association.
- Certified True Copy of Board Resolution.
LLP can change the LLP Agreement by filing Form 3 (Information with regard to Limited Liability Partnership Agreement and changes, if any, made therein). However, in case change in LLP agreement is due to change in partners/ designated partner, Form 4 has to be filed along with Form 3 within 30 days of such change.
Following information and documents are required for change in the LLP Agreement:-
- Initial LLP agreement.
- Supplementary/amended LLP agreement containing changes.
- Consent to act as partner/designated partner.
- Evidence of cessation.
- Affidavit or any other proof of change of name in case form is filed for change in name of existing partner.
- Copy of resolution of the company incase appointed partner is a body corporate.
- Copy of resolution/authorization of such body corporate also on letterhead mentioning the name and address of an individual nominated to act as nominee/designated
- Name & LLPIN of LLP.
- Name, DPIN & DSC of authorised partner of LLP for filing form.
- Details of Business activities to be carried on by LLP on incorporation.
- Total no. of partners as on date.
- Details of each partner to contribute money or property or other benefit or to perform services and their profit sharing ratio.
- Name, father’s name, address, Date of birth, Occupation & e-mail id of appointed partner in the LLP.
- Date of event.
- Name, father’s name, address, Date of birth, occupation & e-mail id of cessation partner from the LLP.
- No. of LLP & No. of Company in which appointed partner is a partner or Director.