Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Registration
The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 applies to every establishment which is a factory engaged in any industry specified in Schedule I and in which twenty or more persons are employed. An establishment to which this Act applies shall continue to be governed by this Act notwithstanding that the number of persons employed therein at any time falls below twenty. Employee Provident Fund EPF is an employee benefit scheme generally prescribed by a statutory body of the government which provides facilities to the employees of an organization with regard to medical assistance, retirement, education of children, insurance support and housing.
Benefits of Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) Registration
Frequently Asked Question
- If an organisation finds that the Employees' Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952 is applicable to it, then it can fill-in the attached proforma for registration. The duly filled-in proforma along with one or more of the documents mentioned in the Performa can be submitted to the respective provident fund offices for getting the registration.
- Prepare the application for Registration to submit the Application to PF Office. PF Office allots (1) PF Code No. & (2) Section No.
- On obtaining PF Code No, ASR to prepare Form 9 (Details of Employees).
- Employee fills
(i) Form 2 (Employee PF Nomination Form) &
(ii) Form 11 (Declaration Form) submit Form 9 & Form 2 to PF Office. The Form 11 is maintained in the Employee Personal File.
- List of Minimum 20 Employees with their Date of Joining and rate of salary.
- In case of company- MOA & AOA with Certificate of incorporation.
- In case of partnership – partnership Deed.
- Copy of pan.
- Bank A/c Existing Certificate.
- VAT Registration/Service Tax/any other Registrations.
- Declaration Form of each employee along with their 2 Post Size Photograph (optional).
- Electricity Bill.
- List of Directors/Partners.
- 30 Pages of Letter Heads.
- Copy of Current month bank statement.
- Copy of Rent Agreement if rented.
- Copy of Two works Order.
- A copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association and the certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, in the case of Public and Private Ltd. Companies.
- A copy of partnership deed in the case of partnerships.
- A copy of Registration certificate issued by the Registrar of Co-operative societies.
- A copy of Registration certificate issued by Registrar in the case of societies registered under Societies Registration Act along with a copy of the objects and Rules of the Society.
- Partition deeds creating HUF.
- Any agreement or other legal documents in the case of Association of persons as defined in the Income Tax Act.
Any one of these documents has to be submitted
- First Sales Invoice.
- Any proof regarding date of trial production.
- Incorporation Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies together with the report of the Managing Director to the Shareholders in the Annual Report.
- Commencement of Business Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies.
- Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Certificate of Registration issued under Societies Registration Act.
- Certificate issued by Reserve Bank of India registering newly set up and non-banking financial companies.
- License issued by the Health Authorities.
- License/permission issued by the Municipal/Corporation Authorities.
- Permission/approval granted by the appropriate State Govt. Authorities in the case of Educational Institutions.
- Certificate issued by the Fire Authorities in the case of estariven