OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management
OHSAS refers to Occupational health and Safety Management Standard. This standard provides the companies with the framework to follow along in order to make sure that the health and the safety of the employees of the companies are taken care for.
If you want to gather the trust of your customers and attract more employees towards your organization, then this particular certification is going to be suitable for you. Furthermore, you can integrate this standard with others like ISO-9001 or ISO 14001. To that end, you can evolve the operational safety of your company to even further reaches.
Documents Required for OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Procedures for identification of OHSAS and hazard identification, risk assessment and control determination
- Hazard and risk register
- Procedure for legal and other requirements
- Documents that entail the scopes and descriptions
- Procedures for communication, participation and consultation.
- Procedures for competence, training and awareness.
- Documents detailing the roles, responsibilities and authorities for OH & S.
- Occupational health and safety hazed policy.
Procedure for OHSAS Certification
- You file the OHSAS request form
- The assessment that takes place.
- You will have to show that your Occupational health and Safety management system has been working for about 3 months.
- Certification is then issues after a proper assessment has been done of the company.
Purpose of OHSAS 18001
- It identifies the hazards that are in the work place and provides a framework to apply effective preventive controls.
- It prevents any form of injury or heath issues among the work force
- It reduces the lost time accidents and therefore, it prevents extra costs.
- It evaluates the compliance as per the legislative requirements.
- It improves upon the safety of the work culture.
- It identifies the areas for training
- It improves upon the productivity of the workforce
- It promotes the work quality of the company
- It assists with the pre qualification process from the customers.
Benefits of OHSAS Certification
- Customer Satisfaction: You are not only safeguarding the employees in his case, you are also safeguarding the customer’s health through this certification.
- Reduces costs of operations: The certification will make sure that the amounts of accidents are close to null. To that end, the operations won’t cost you much.
- Legal compliance: As you are adhering to the compliances, you will be able to make sure that you are safe in the legal matters
- The risk management systems are improved: the OHSAS provides a framework to make sure that your working environment is safe. Due to this, the risk management systems are improved as well.
- The business credentials are improved as well: As your work force is safe, you advertise it that way. This advert can provide you more credentials.
- You can win a lot more credentials from other businessmen as well: The safer your working environment is; the more businesses look at you as a safe bet.