Service Tax Registration in Ahmednagar
What is Service Tax?
Service Tax as the name suggests itself, Tax on Services provided by Service Provider to Service recipient. It is a part of indirect tax wherein Service Provider has a responsibility to collect it from the Service recipient & to deposit it to central government with-in due date. It is a tax imposed by central Government on certain services as notified by them. Currently, Service Tax in Ahmednagar is imposed at 15% on the value of the taxable service which includes Krishi Kalyan cess @ 0.5% and Swachh Bharat Cess @ 0.5% on the service tax amount.
Any person who has provided taxable services in Ahmednagar of value exceeding Rs.9 lakh, in the previous financial year is compulsorily required to get Service tax registration.
Relaxation to Startups from Service tax registration:
Small Scale Service Provider is not required to get registration under service tax until & unless the turnover of its taxable services in a financial year crosses the limit of Rs. 10 Lakh.
Any person who has obtained Service Tax Registration in Ahmednagar is required to file Service tax return in Form ST-3 twice in a year each for half year. Return for the period from 1st April to 30th September are required to be filed by 25th October and for the period from 30th September to 31st March are required to be filed by 25th April for each financial year.
Mode of Payment of Service Tax?
In case of proprietorship & Partnership firm, Service Tax is required to be paid quarterly through bank challan or electronically. In case of Company, Trust, Societies & other entities are required to deposit service tax monthly through bank challan or electronically.
Benefits of Service Tax Registration
Less Indirect Tax
Frequently Asked Question
ST-1 form is required to be submitted along with required documents as mentioned below to the jurisdictional Central Excise office.
- A Copy of Partnership Deed/ Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & AOA.
- A Copy of PAN card of Partnership /Person/ Company.
- A Copy of Sale Deed / Power of Attorney / Rent Agreement (Registered / Notarized).
- Address proof of office like Telephone bill or Electricity bill .
- NOC from Owner if rented or owned by Director /Partner.
- Board Resolution for authorization of Service Tax Registration in case of comapny.
- Bank Statement not older than 3 months and Canceled Cheque.
- Undertaking for single registration (as per format provided).
- List of Directors / Partners.
- List of Shareholders.
- Two Photographs Proprietor/all Partners / all Directors
- A Copy of PAN card of Proprietor/all Partners / all Directors.
- A Copy of Address Proofs like Electricity Bill, Water Bill or Telephone Bill of Proprietor/ All Partners / All Directors.
- A Copy of ID proof like Voter ID, Driving License, Passport and Aadhar of Proprietor/ all Partners / all Directors.
- Name of the proposed unit
- Objects of business for which registration is required