What is ISP License?
ISP License or better known by ISP license full form: Internet Service Provider License is the permission to start and ISP to provide internet access to the people or businesses. The license, in all its ISP License types is issued by the Department of Telecommunication. It’s because can only operate if it adheres to ISP License guidelines.
To put it in simple terms, ISP License meaning the license to setup an ISP company and provide internet services.
So, if you want to count yourself in the big Internet Service Provider List, you should move forward and start the process to get ISP License in India.
What is an ISP?
An ISP is a company that acts as an Internet Service Provider. It’s operation is to buy bandwidth from the telecom companies and providing internet subscribers with internet access. To conduct that operation, it has to get issued an ISP License in India from the Department of Telecommunication. The license issued is the called the Unified ISP License, and the ISP License cost that it has to pay differs from the categories of ISP License India.
What are the different types of ISP License in India?
When you ask how to get ISP License in India, we just don’t jump straight to the ISP License fee. Our first job is to ask you the type of ISP you want. It’s because the answer of how to get ISP License can only be answered if you what type of ISP you want to set up. The different types of ISP Licence depends upon the size of the area in which you want to provide your internet services. This license is divided in the 3 categories depending upon the regions in which the internet service can be provided. Each ISP License category that has been listed here also gives you an insight into the ISP license price:
- ISP License category A: Class A ISP License is meant for ISPs that want to provide internet service all over the country. The class A ISP license holders in India are quite few because the class A ISP License fee is quite high. But if you’re determined, getting category A ISP License in India particular category of Internet Service Provider Company can be quite lucrative as well. So, is you have ample of funding, and are willing to move forward, get the unified license category A.
- ISP License Category B: If one is looking for category B ISP license India, then it is meant for ISPs that want to provide internet services in 20 territorial regions. the class B ISP License fees lies in the mid range. However, it can still be steep for someone who is just starting the business. Thus, only pursue towards a category B ISP if you are willing to budget the class B ISP License cost. So, for mid range ISPs to operate in urban regions, choose unified License category B.
- ISP License Category C: Class C ISP License or ISP C License is meant for ISPs that seek to provide internet service in any secondary switching area of Department of Telecommunication (DOT). In terms of cost, category C ISP License India is quite inexpensive. The low c class ISP License cost has made sure of that. Furthermore, for start-ups, starting a class C ISP is desirable because of this relatively low Class C ISP License cost. So, if you want an internet service provider license to provide internet access to a small town or a village or even a street, go for unified license category C. One more thing of note here is that among all the categories of ISP licenses, it’s the ISP license category C that’s the most sought after.
However, regardless of the categories that you see, there is no category specific license. There is only a single unified ISP license in which you specify your ISP category to mention the area in which you want to provide internet services. All the ISP License holders in India are varied due to this particular factor.
Now, obtaining this license is not a common affair, for it involves a fair amount of complications that can be an obstacle on the way. These complications range from ISP license agreement, to ISP License fees. But, if you don’t want to care too much about the enormous ISP License cost in India, Registrationwala can help.
We don’t have ISP license for sale. But we are in fact legal consultants that assist you in matters of business licenses. Registrationwala can walk right beside you as an ISP license consultant through this process and provide assistance so that these obstacles are removed and you can obtain the license.
So, stop procrastinating and move ahead into the setting and start the ISP License online registration process today.
ISP License Governmental Fees
Check the table below to get the exact information pertaining to the ISP license fee in India as per the different categories i.e. unified license ISP category A, Unified license ISP category B and Unified license ISP category C.
||ISP Entry Fees in Rupees
||PBG In Rupees
||FBG In Rupees
||Application Process Fee in Rupees
|ISP category A (National Area)
|ISP category B (Telecom Circle/ Metro Area)
|ISP category c (Secondary Switching Area)
The above fees are also called the foundation fees because you can’t negotiate the price on them. The other part is the professional fees of DOT ISP License. Our consultants charge it and it’s so low that you won’t have to negotiate the price on them.
Documents Required for ISP License
In this section, we are going to dive deep into the ISP License requirements. They are mandatory documents for ISP license to carry your internet service providing business in peace.
- Two application forms for unified license in the prescribed format:
One ISP License form application has to be filed and submitted to the DOT and another has to be kept for receiving purposes. As you’re filling the application, dot forget to read the DOT ISP guidelines.
- Certificate Of Incorporation of the Company:
One of the main eligibility criteria of starting an ISP is registering a company.
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the company:
In the former document, it should be specified that becoming an internet service provider is the object of your company.
- Processing fee (Non refundable):
The fee receipt vary for each category. It’s going to be least for ISP license category C fees, but most for category A ISP.
- Power of attorney by the resolution of the board of directors that authorizes the person singing the stamp paper:
It’s through this document that you delegate the task of filing the ISP license application to us. Furthermore, it also gives us the power to monitor ISP license status and sorting out any issues of TRAI ISP License.
- Details of the directors/promoters/shareholders of the company:
You have to provide all the details precisely in the way that’s intended to get UL ISP License. In this case, you have to create a specialized document that acts as an information sheet of all the directors, promoters and shareholders.
- Certificate of total equity detail:
It’s the document that proves that you’re financially capable of handling your business as an Internet Service Provider.
- Foreign equity approval certificate by the government of India:
In case the Foreign Direct Investment or FDI in your company exceeds 49 percent, you have to attach the foreign equity approval certificate along with the application.
- Address of the registered office:
Also provide the address of the registered office of your ISP company.
- Board resolution regarding statutory auditor appointment:
You’d have to appoint a statutory auditor responsible for auditing the balance sheets of your ISP company. Attach the documents regarding that as well.
How to apply for ISP License in India?
In this section, we give you an answer to your question of how to get Internet Service Provider license. The ISP License procedure in India, like any other government oriented process, requires you to have an key eye for regulations. Which in this case means ISP License regulations.
- Check eligibility of the license: To become eligible, you first need to establish a private or a public limited company.
- Choose the suitable license category: Check among the previous DOT ISP License list and see what category suits your goals, and your budget.
- Choose a telecom provider that can provide you the bandwidth that you can resupply: Once you get in touch with such a service provider, you’d have to sign an DOT ISP license agreement with him. To get more info on that, checkout our ISP License agreement format.
- Get the documents ready for ISP license apply: Get ready with the required documents for internet ISP License. It would not include the DOT ISP License agreement that’s mentioned above, but it would contain the documents we have discussed in the previous section.
- File the Unified license application: Once you’ve gathered all the required information and documents for your application process, you can proceed submitting the
- Document review by the department of telecommunication: Once the document is received by the department, the application will begin being assessed. It’s at this stage that it’s decided that whether your application would make it to the ISP license list or not. It’s at this stage our experts repeatedly check the state of the application. They know how to check ISP license in India.
- Obtain letter of Intent and submit the documents mentioned in the letter: Once your application is accepted, even the internet service provider license agreement, the department will send the Letter of Intent to you. It’s at this stage you’ll have to pay the bank guarantees depending on your license. Once you do, send the ISP bank guarantee to the department. The ISP bank guarantee format can’t be anything, you have to stick to the format prescribed.
- Get the ISP License DOT: Once your letter of intent is duly submitted, You’ll receive the ISP License DOT.
If you want a cheaper option when it comes to provide Internet services, you should checkout our articles regarding VNO License v/s ISP License if you want to know more
Our services doesn’t stop at just providing you the license. We also provide specific services is surrendering your license is on your mind. Through ISP license surrender, you can shut down your business with dignity. Or if you’re looking for cheaper options, you can obtain ISP VNO License.
Regardless of your requirements, we assure you that our experts are going to bring together our expertise and dedication to get you place on the unified ISP license list.