Maritime Approval is the authorization to provide voice and data services on ships and flights. Once you obtain this approval from the Department of Telecommunication, you become an IFMC service provider.
In 2018, the Department of Telecommunications notified the Flight and Maritime Connectivity rules. As per those rules, flights and ships now will have voice and data services. But to provide such services, you need maritime approval.
The rules of IFMC are as follows:
4. If the satellite is foreign, ISRO or Indian Space Research Organization has to approve it first.
Following eligibility criteria should be met if you want to acquire the maritime approval license:
Following types of companies are eligible for providing IFMC services in India.
Following documents are required for getting maritime approval from DOT:
1. Copy of Certificate of incorporation
2. Copy of MOA and AOA
3. Net worth certificate
4. Copy of ISP License Agreement
5. NLD License agreement
6. Copy of agreement of establishing the satellite gateway
The following process has to be followed to obtain the maritime approval:
2. Application filing offline to the Under Secretary of Department of Telecommunication
3. Assessment of application and documents
4. Meeting the general monetary requirements
5. Grant of Maritime approval.
Registrationwala provides end to end assistance for maritime approval. Our services entail:
1. Application filing
3. Department follow-up
4. And other services pertaining to getting you the maritime approval.
Thus, if you really want to become an IFMC service provider – facilitating people of ships and flights with internet connectivity – contact Registrationwala.