What is TEC certification?
TEC Certificate number kya hai?
TEC certification is a mandatory certification that every telecom equipment dealer has to get to be able to import, manufacture and sell telecom equipment. The certification is issued by the Telecommunication Engineering Centre once the equipment goes through Indian TEC MTCTE or Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment scheme.
What is MTCTE?
It’s the mandatory testing that your telecom product as to go through to grant your TEC license.
So, what is TEC certificate number?
TEC certification number is the unique ID that you get for your telecom equipment. Once you get it, you can put it on your product to show to your customers that your product is a valid one.
What is MTECTE testing and Certification, and why is TEC certificate registration necessary in India?
Can you imagine India without telecommunication equipment? From startup India initiative to the idea of Connect India, none of that would have happened. Now, with over 40 Crore internet users, consumers need more telecom resources than ever. With the TEC certificate number, you can provide them the same.
Any product that’s imported in India has to live up to the standards. In case of telecom equipment, you need to adhere to specific TEC standards. Only after you adhere to it, you get the TEC approval certificate for importing products.
The TEC certification process is a long and arduous, but only if you try to complete the process on your own. At Registrationwala, we try to make things easier for you. How? It’s simple, instead of letting you do all the heavy lifting, we complete the TEC certificate procedure ourselves.
From conducting the mandatory testing to getting the certification, our TEC approval consultants would be by your side till the end. And all you have to do is pick up the phone and tell us about your TEC certification needs. Your TEC registration experts near you are always willing to help.
How to get the TEC certificate number?
In this section, you’ll know the answer to your question: “tec certificate registration kaise kare”
Following is the process of TEC certification in India. Remember to get in touch with consultant to conduct the TEC certification procedure on your behalf.
- Compile the required documents: First, you have to compile the required documents and send it to our experts. Don’t need to worry. We will tell exactly what’s required to get TEC certified.
- We initiate the testing process: We will now request you to send us a sample of the product you want the TEC certification for. We will then test that sample in our associate labs.
- Registering you at the TEC portal: To get TEC certificate, apply online. However, you’d need to register yourself at the portal first. We will use your credentials to register at the TEC portal. Although the process is subject to approval by the regulatory body, we assure you that we’ve got everything covered beforehand.
- After approval for TEC certification login, file the application for TEC certificate online: Once your company is approved for registration, you get the TEC certificate login. we will file the application for TEC approval. Don’t forget to pay the TEC certificate fees as well.
- The application will then be assessed by the regulatory body: Once we submit your application, the regulatory body’s officials will assess it. During that time, Registrationwala would keep you updated on the TEC certification status.
- Getting you the TEC certification: With our experts, it’s not the question of if your application would be approved, it’s merely the question of “when”. Thus, when your application is approved, we will send you the TEC approval. at this point, all you need to do is TEC certificate download.
Once you obtain TEC certification registration, you become ready to import telecom products in India. That being said, be mindful to whether or not your product requires TEC license.
What are the products for which TEC certification is mandatory or What is the MTCTE product list?
Following is the current list of equipment covered under TEC:
- PABX: The Private automatic branch exchange is a common telecom tool associated with telephony in industries. You need to obtain the TEC certification on PABX.
- Two wired telephone equipment: The two wire telephone equipment is the cornerstone industrial communications. You need the TEC certification on Two wired telephone equipment to import it in India.
- Group 3 Fax Machine: In 1980, fax machines adopted the group 3 standards. While fax machines are in rare usage today, you still need the TEC certification for Group 3 fax machine to import it in India.
- Data modem: Data modem, the primary tool that establishes you to the internet obviously requires the approval as per the guidelines of using TEC logo on product. Thus, you need TEC certification on data modem as well.
- Cord less telephone: While our Cell phones have replaced landlines, one cannot deny the allure of cord less phones. If you still need to do import business for this product, you need TEC certification on cord less telephone.
- Pon- family of broadband equipments: PON or passive optical network is the technology implemented in many broadband equipments. If you want to import them, you need TEC certification on PON family of broadband equipments.
- Feedback Devices: Devices like Encoders, resolvers, Hall sensors, and others that require a closed loop system to monitor the validity of operations are called Feedback devices. Without TEC certification on Feedback devices, you can’t conduct import or sale business on them.
- ISDN Customer Premises Equipment: the ISDN terminal equipment or ISDN customer premises equipment is a device that allows users to tap into the ISDN services facilitated by network providers. As a core component for many telecommunication functions, one needs to get TEC certification on ISDN Customer Premises Equipment to import or sell them in India.
- Transmission Terminal equipments: All the transmission terminal equipments fall under the jurisdiction of TEC. Thus, you need the TEC certification on transmission terminal equipments.
What are the items that are not cover under MTCTE?
While the above 9 equipment fall under mandatory MTCTE testing, following are the items not covered under MTCTE:
- Spares/ Components/ Modules/ CKD/ SKD
- Test instruments
- Research and development related equipment
- Personal use equipment that are available only in limited quantity.
- Passive telecom equipments
- Integrated systems and networks that consist of more than one telecom equipment.
- UPS/ Power Supply/ Batteries/ Solar equipments.
Following are the items that for now, aren’t included under the jurisdiction of Telecommunication Engineering centre.
- IoT sensors
- Inter-Sectoral Devices
- Set top box
- Multi functional devices with Wi Fi and internet ports
- Equipment with telecommunication modules that are specifically covered by mandatory government schemes other than TEC.
Documents required for TEC certification India
Following are the documents required for the TEC certification in India:
- Letter of authorization authorizing us to act as your representative for TEC certification matters
- Memorandum of Understanding between us and your company.
- Address proof of the manufacturing Unit.
- Document describing the technical details of the telecom equipment.
- Copy of Trademark registration is you’ve done so.
- Authority letter of the brand owner is the owner of the manufacturing unit is not the owner.
- Bill of material in the .xls format.
- Original Test reports for the GCS products and test results and test reports for the SCS products.
Common Questions about TEC certification
Here are the answers to some of the common questions to TEC certification:
- What are the common TEC certificate uses?
There is only one usage of a TEC certificate, the authorization to import or sale telecommunication products in India.
- What is EMI/EMC testing by TEC?
The electromagnetic interference (EMI) testing is conducted by EMC to see if the telecom equipment doesn’t interfere electromagnetically with other equipment. The Electromagmetic compatibility (EMC) testing to see if the product adheres to EMC compliance.
- What is equipment labelling procedure under MTCTE?
Once you obtain TEC certificate, you can add the TEC mark to your product’s package in a visible spot.
- How long is the validity of TEC certification?
TEC certificate validity is for five years.
- What to do in case TEC certificate not received?
In case you’ve not received the TEC certificate, you can contact the department via the TEC certificate helpline number, email or by posting to the address of regional TECs in your area.
- What are schedule of charges under MTCTE?
The prescribed fee that TEC charges are divided as per the Administrative Fee and Test report Evaluation fee on the basis of the group of equipment.
- What are the charges for modification of telecom equipment?
For Certification modification, the charges are same as administrative fee, which is same as the renewal fee. The detail of administrative fee is as follows:
- For Group A equipment: INR 10,000/-
- For Group B equipment: INR 20,000/-
- For group C Equipment: INR 30,000/-
- For group D Equipment: INR 50,000/-
- Is there is a way to get TEC certificate registration for free?
For TEC certificate registration, free is a concept that does not exist. Not only the process is quite difficult, the fee also ensures that only manufacturers, importers that are serious about starting such a business get to have the certification.
If you have any queries in this regard, or just want to consult us about TEC certification, our lines are always open for you. Start the TEC certification process today to ensure timely registration.