BEE certification is provided by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency of India to the manufacturers of electronic and electrical appliances. It does so in the form of rating the energy efficiency of appliances and then giving them the BEE energy rating in the Bureau of Energy Efficiency certification.
India, being the fastest growing economies in the world, has many consumers of electrical appliances. Due to it, in the beginning of the year 2000, there was a rapid rise in the number of available brands. It created confusion in the Indian customer and he asked, “Who should I buy from?”. To help them make that choice and to watch over the energy consumption intensity on Indian economy, Bureau of Energy Efficiency registration was born. They did it by providing consumers access to star rated appliances.
Bureau of Energy efficiency star label was born in 2002 under the provisions of Conservation Act, 2001. it’s objective was to watch over the impact on energy consumption of Indian economy. It also served a secondary purpose of giving star rating, so that people can have a choice of energy efficient products. It does to by testing the products as per the bee energy efficiency standards that it has set up.
As per the provisions, the BEE certification in India has been made mandatory for 10 appliances and has been made voluntary for the rest of the sixteen. However, voluntary certification is also recommended because it helps the brand gain customer’s trust.
So, get the BEE energy star rating for AC, refrigerators, ceiling fans and other electrical appliances by going through the simple to implement procedure for bureau of energy efficiency star rating.
What does BEE star rating means?
BEE star rating means how much efficient the electronic or electrical appliance in terms of using electricity. The higher the star rating, the less consumption of electricity and the more feasible the product is to be used by the public. In addition to giving the customers an idea of the product that they are using, it gives the electronic manufacturers to up their technological game so that their products are more in demand. And Star rating BEE is what our experts are trying to provide you with.
Before you apply for BEE certification, you have to find out whether you’re eligible for mandatory or voluntary BEE certification.
As per the BEE star rating guidelines, there are some products that fall under the BEE mandatory product list, and there are some under the BEE voluntary product list. But rather than complicate the matter, let’s give you a list of products that require your undivided attention:
1. Refrigerator: Normally, when people are searching for answer of the question: “How to get star rating for refrigerator” – they are actually looking for this product. BEE star rating refrigerator is the most sought after because of its high energy consumption. However, for fridge energy rating, the process is the hardest. It’s because of varying reasons, but one of them is star rating for frost free refrigerator and for simple fridges would entail different testing parameters.
2. Air Conditioner: Other than, refrigerator, it was the air conditioner that was the first one to take up star rating. To get BEE 5 star ac rating, you need to manufacture your product keeping in mind the
3. Ceiling Fan: If you hope to provide customers with BEE 5 star rating ceiling fan, you can do so easily with BEE certification.
The ones mentioned above are the common ones, but other products that you need star rating for are as follows:
1. Star rating for tubular fluorescent lamps
2. Star rating for room air conditioners
3. Star rating for distribution transformer
4. Star rating for cassette
5. Star rating for floor standing tower
6. Star rating for ceiling
7. Star rating for corner ac
8. Star rating for ac
9. Star rating for direct cool refrigerator
10. Star rating for electric geysers
11. Star rating for colour TV
12. star rating for inverter ac
13. star rating for led bulbs
14. star rating for induction motors
15. star rating for agricultural pump sets
16. star rating for ceiling fans
17. star rating for domestic LPG stoves
18. star rating for washing machine
19. star rating for computer
20. star rating for notebook
21. star rating for laptops
22. star rating for ballast
23. star rating for printer
24. star rating for copier
25. star rating for scanner
26. star rating for MFD
27. star rating for diesel engine
28. star rating for solid state inverters
29. star rating for diesel generator
30. star rating for chillers
31. star rating for microwave ovens
32. star rating for solar water heaters
So, here are the products that need your undivided attention.
The BEE certificate requirements or to get Energy efficient rating differ on two different BEE certificate levels:
For the brand level, the documents required are as follows:
For the model level BEE certification, the documents required are as follows:
Unlike traditional certifications, the BEE registration process or BEE certification process or the process of getting energy star rating has two levels:
Once you have cleared the certification process at both BEE status levels, only you then you get complete registration.
As for the process, BEE certification India has the three traditional steps:
BEE star rating means that you’re not going to get the 3 star BEE rating or the 5 star BEE rating right away. To give you the star rating, BEE itself conducts a series of tests to see if your products fall on the specific standards set by it.
Furthermore, throughout the process of BEE certification, India, you’ll have to monitor the application’s status. If your application has any issues, you’ll be promptly informed of it. Afterwards, it would be up to you to conduct a follow up and sort out those mistakes, only them you’ll have completed BEE certificate registration.
Remember that upon getting the BEE compliance certificate, your product is under the radar of the BEE. It means that you can’t reduce the quality of your product for quick profits on whim.
Our Assistance to get the BEE Certification
When you approach the BEE certification, you’ll find several documents requirement and processes ranging various and ambiguous details in the application form.
So, to get the star rating of BEE for your appliances, feel free to reach out to our experts and get one on one with our BEE certification service.