Director of the company is the leader or person from a group of managers who leads or supervises a particular area of a company. The progressive decision of the company can be taken by the director. Director can appoint employ in the company. There are different kinds of Director such as Executive director, Managing director, Nominee director or Alternate director.���
Director Identification Number is the identity of the director. It is an 8 digit number required for the existing or proposed director of the company.DIN was introduced in Companies Act, 2006. The DIN holder should inform MCA/Central Government about any change in any information. The Database is always kept live. DIN was mainly introduced to keep the database of the incorporated company and database of the director.DIN keeps all the information about the company so that the directors do not cheat.
Facts of DIN
- Unique 8 Digit number allotted to the DIN applicant.
- Lifetime validity and no filing are required to maintain validity.
- DIN and DPIN can be interchanged.
- Processing time is very less.DIN is received immediately.
DIN is compulsory for the person who wants to become Director at any time whether at the time of Incorporation or in existing company.DIN is needed for directors in One person Company, Private Limited Company, and other Limited Liability Company).It is not required for the shareholder.
Director should download and fill up e-Form DIR-6. In such cases the same process for uploading the same as mentioned for e-Form DIR-3. The requested change is taken into the system on verification of the proof enclosed with the application for the change request. In the case of a change in applicant's name, gazette notification is must with form DIR-6.
In case a woman is a married woman and having Id proof with their maiden name, can submit marriage certificate along with the application. Verification as per Form DIR-7 of Companies Act 2013 will also be attached to Form DIR-6. Since it has become mandatory to attach now.
- DIN can be searched on the MCA online portal facility.
- Go-to DIN facility for the allotment of DIN
- A person wants to become director can File Form DIR-3 For DIN
- Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of identity of the person (Voter id, Aadhar, and DL)
- PAN is mandatory for Indian Nationals
- DSC Required
- Passport is mandatory for Foreign Nationals
- Visit DPIN/DIN approval letter to check the allotment information.
(All Documents must be self-attested and Certified by Professional)
Provisional Director Identification Number
It is an automatically generated number after DIN application. It is an allotted in case of any defect in the application. A letter is provided in case of defect and resubmission. In that case, the application is re-filed with correction with Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary within 15 days.
Case of Rejection of DIN
- The proof of identity of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of father's name of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of date of birth of the applicant is not submitted.
- The proof of residential address of the applicant is not submitted.
- The copy of passport (for foreign nationals) is not submitted
- In case the applicant's name or Fathers name abbreviated form. The name should be in full form even if abbreviated in the ID proof.
- Mismatch in the name or father's name. This includes mismatching spellings or minor spelling derivations.
- Usage of Prefix Mr./Mrs./Miss in the name.
- Error in Residential Proof.
- Expired attached Documents (Passport, Dl, ID Proof)
Invalid Application/supporting Documents
- The supporting documents are invalid or expired.
- The application/enclosed evidence has handwritten entries.
- The proof of identity submitted has not been issued by a Government Agency.
- The submitted application is a duplicate DIN application and already one application of that applicant is pending or approved.
- The signatures are not appended to the prescribed place.
- The applicant's name filled in application form does not match with the name in the enclosed evidence.
- The submitted application does not have photograph affixed.
- The applicant's date (DD/MM/YY) of birth filled in application form does not match with the date of birth in the enclosed evidence.
- The applicant's father's name filled in application form does not match with the father's name in the enclosed evidence.
- The address details filled in the application do not match with those contained in the enclosed supporting evidence.
- The gender is not entered correctly in Form DIR-3.
- Identification number entered in the application does not match with the identity proof enclosed.
- If enclosed documents are not self-attested.