To trademark your brand is to unveil your product or service to the world. It’s the communication link between you and your prospective customers.
It’s how they know what you are and how you know what you can be. That said, do every brand need to have a trademark registration. Our experts at Registrationwala are optimists, believing that every brand has the potential to stir the hearts of millions, and should be legally protected by legal laws. Abd through this article, we will help you decide if you need to trademark your brand.
Perks of trademark registration
Trademark is not just a legal protection for your brand, it asserts your domain over it and it provides the following powers to you, the brand owner:
- Exclusive ownership of the trademark: Once you register your trademark, you exclusively hold the right to use it on the product/service you chose at the time of registration.
- Protection from infringement:Infringement of trademark is quite common. However, with trademark registration, you get the power to file case against those committing the infringement. It protects your trademark from being copied by others.
- It has a monetary value: A trademark, for a better sense of word, has actual monetary value associated with it. You can sell or license the trademark to make some extra money if you wish to.
- Good marketing tool: A registered trademark is a good marketing tool. Right of the bat, it’s more trusted and people look up to your brand.
To trademark or not to trademark
Despite the points we have put forward, there are still questions whether you should trademark your brand. Let us ask you the following:
- Do you want to protect the identity of your brand?
- Do you want to move forward and create a product that people don’t only buy, but promote?
- Do you want to expand your business throughout the reaches of the globe?
- Do you want to stand out from the crowd and let your brand scream out loud?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes from your end, you should send your requests to us and get your trademark registered.
Every brand should be registered as a trademark. It’s not only about protection, or expansion, but being legally ready at all times to protect the identity of your business.