A landing station refers to the end point of a submarine cable connection in India. ISPs use it as an international gateway for internet traffic.
To establish a landing station, you need the approval of the Department of Telecommunication. In this article, we discuss he documents required to acquire that approval.
Those who wish to setup a cable landing station must first meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant of the cable landing station license must be a private limited company.
2. As the cable landing station can only be setup in the licensee’s authorized area of service, it’s obvious that only an ISP license holder is allowed to do so.
3. It’s important for the applicant to establish adequate monitoring facilities to watch over the international internet traffic
4. The applicant must agree to not partake in activity that goes against the national security.
When it comes to cable landing station process, you can count on it being a standard one. At the end of the day, it’s the documents that matter. Thus, as per the Cable landing guidelines, following documents are required for certification in India:
1. Certificate of incorporation of the ISP licensee Company
2. Memorandum of Association that specifies that setting up a cable landing station is part of the object of the company.
3. Articles of Association highlighting the rules and regulations of the company.
4. Resolution of board of directors approving the initiation of cable landing station registration procedure.
5. Details of the Foreign equity in the ISP licensee company. All the foreign equity can now follow an automatic route because the government of India has removed any and all bounds on foreign investments in telecom sector.
6. Demand Draft of the application fee.
7. All the details of the cable landing station including:
a. Location of the cable landing station
b. Name of the submarine cable
c. Total fibre capacity
d. Terminal Landing stations
e. Configurations of the fibre cables
f. Technology used to in the landing cable station
g. List of all the terminal equipment present at the station.
h. Details of all the monitoring equipment that you have installed in the station.
With these documents, you have a chance to setup the landing cable station.
Many service providers are looking for a way to establish an international gateway for internet services. However, not all of them are aware of the legal requirements to do the same. The blog we have given you is our attempt to make you aware of the registration and the documents involved. If you’re satisfied and want to know more about them, consult with Registrationwala.