Every person who is the director of the company or intends to be the one is mandatorily required to obtain a distinct identification number called the DIN (Director Identification Number). Further, this number helps to keep a check on the track record of the director. Some situations may arise wherein the directors are required to revise the details of the DIN.
Filing Form DIR-6
In order to process the changes in the particulars filed in the DIR-3 an individual who has been allotted a Director Identification Number shall intimate such change to the Central Government within a period of thirty days of such change in Form DIR-6.
The applicant shall download Form DIR-6 from the official portal of MCA and fill in the relevant changes, attach the copy of the proof of the changed particulars and verification in the Form DIR-7 all of which shall be scanned and submitted electronically.
Any charted accountant in practice or the company secretary in practice must digitally sign the Form DIR-6 filled electronically.
Following attachments shall be made with the Form DIR-6 in all cases-
- A valid proof of change in particulars of DIN. Like a copy of verification by the director in Form No. DIR-7.
- As the proof of Identity of director/ designated partner the income Tax PAN number shall be submitted in case of Indian nationals. While in case of foreign nationals, passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity
- As the proof of residence of director/ designated partner the address proofs like bank statements, electricity bill, telephone bill, utility bills etc. shall be attached. In case of Indian director/ designated partner, documents should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the eForm. While in case of foreign director/ designatese d partner, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the eForm.
- The proofs submitted should be translated in Hindi / English from professional translator carrying his details (name, signature, address) and seal in case of proofs which are in languages other than Hindi/ English.
The key points to be noted while making the request for change in the particulars of DIR-3 are as follows-
- In case the details like name/father�s name/DOB as per Income-tax PAN are incorrect, director/designated partner is required to first correct the details in Income-tax PAN before filing this form.
- In case the contents specified in the eForm matches with already filled DIR-3/DIN details, then the application shall be marked as a potential duplicate and shall then be processed by DIN Cell. EForm shall be allowed to be resubmitted only once in case of processing under this.
- If the details filed are not identified as potential duplicate, DIN shall be auto-approved by the system and will be sent to DIN cell for verification if verification is not passed, an email is sent to the director for correction of defects by filing eForm DIR-6.
- In case eForm is filed for updating of income-tax PAN in respect of Disabled DIN, then the status of DIN shall be changed to �Approved� consequent upon approval of the E-Form.