Becoming a seller on Flipkart is not an easy task. It is a very renowned e-commerce website which has certain norms to be followed for seller registration.
With the rapid movement of the Indian economy to digitization, much novel e-commerce platform is being introduced every day. The e-commerce sector is one of the most booming sections of the economy. Now anything from a needle to a house can now be bought and sold on online thanks to the vast online portals like Amazon, snap deal, Flipkart and shopclues, etc. The number of benefits like time-saving, low prices, offers is luring more and more people to buy Online.
Flipkart is one of the leading e-commerce platforms offering a wide range of products to the consumers. Currently, Flipkart is holding a market share of $1.4 billion i.e. 57% share of the total market. Flipkart had a customer base of more than 2.6 crores registered users. Moreover, Flipkart presently ships more than 5 Million shipments every month and has an average of more than 80 lakh page visits a day. We think these facts make it very clear that selling your product on this portal is a golden opportunity for you which you surely can’t miss.
The registration process for becoming a seller on Flipkart
Any induvial or a body of association desiring to become a seller on Flipkart is required to sign up on its website. Signing up is the very easy process that can be facilitated by any person through visiting the Seller homepage on Flipkart’s website. After visiting the seller’s web page the individual or the corporate entity is required to submit certain documents and details pertaining to the goods that a person intends to sell. Some of the details which are required to be provided by the applicant include the following-
• Name of the seller
• Phone number of the seller
• The email address of the seller
• Business address/ Pickup address
• Classification of product which the seller is aiming to sell through Flipkart
• Tax registration documents; particularly GST registration
• Business registration documents such as Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association, etc.
Moreover, there are several other important documents that are required to be submitted depending on the type of the business being registered-
Registering as Individual or sole proprietorship business
Any person can register on Flipkart as an individual under his own name and automatically his business will be perceived to be a Sole Proprietorship business. Usually due to multiple disadvantages like unlimited liability, difficulty in transferring, non-availability of bank loans it is not advisable that you should register as the sole proprietor. The multiple documents which are required to be submitted by an individual include the following-
• Signed declaration on the business letterhead stating that the individual owns and manages the bank account held in the name of the business.
• Statement of bank accounting registered on Flipkart payment gateway.
• PAN Card
• Voters ID
• Driving License
• Any other photo identity card
• Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying identity.
• Telephone bill (Fixed line) in the name of the Proprietorship firm
• Electricity bill in the name of the Proprietorship firm
• Bank Account Statement in the name of the Proprietorship
• Ration card
• Lease or license agreement
• Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying the identity of the owner.
Registering a Limited Liability Partnership or partnership firm
If any person has to choose between partnership and LLP we all know that the right choice would be LLP. This is because the limited liability partnership provides the benefit of limited liability for the members. If you desire to register as LLP on Flipkart you are required to submit the following documents-
• Partnership registration or LLP Incorporation Certificate
• Partnership deed
• Power of Attorney granted to a Partner or an Employee of the LLP or Partnership firm to transact business on its behalf
• Any document identifying Partners and the person holding the Power of Attorney with their photographs
• PAN Card of the LLP or Partnership Firm
• Any officially valid document confirming the address of the Partners and the persons holding the Power of Attorney
• Firm/Partner’s Telephone bill
• Firm/Partner’s Electricity bill
• Lease or Rental agreement
• Company Electricity bill
• Lease or License agreement
Registering as Private Limited Company
One of the most desired options for registering your business on Flipkart is the private limited company. The private limited company promotes ease of doing business by providing protection to promoters, separate legal entity, easy transferability and much more. Following are the documents required for registering as private limited on Flipkart-
• Copy of Certificate of Incorporation of Private Limited Company
• Copy of Memorandum of Association
• Company PAN Card
• Company Telephone bill (Fixed line)
• Company Electricity bill
• Lease or rental agreement
Obtaining GST Registrations
After obtaining the GST registration of the suitable type of business unit the following tax registrations are and bank account details are required-
• Name of the business/entity
• PAN (Permanent Account Number)
• GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number)
• TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number)
• The bank account in the name of the business or entity
• Bank account number of the entity or business
• Bank IFSC code for the above-mentioned bank account
Within seven days of receiving all the information, documents, and registration the officials of Flipkart can contact you for further verification. When the Flipkart will approve your seller account you can list your product on Flipkart website and start selling.