IEC (Import Export Code) license is a code which is required by a person for exporting or importing goods. It is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. It is a prerequisite for a businessman who is into a business of import and export.
Therefore, it is inevitable requirement to obtain Import Export Code (IEC). Following is the process:
- Firstly you have to download form AAYAT NIRYAT FORM (ANF2F). This form is available online.
- The fees in case online application have to be paid through online mode only.
- A certificate is also required from the banker on the letter head of the bank as per the format Appendix 18A with necessary details of banker.
- Certified copy of PAN of entity.
- While filing the form you will be asked to fill PAN, e-mail Id and mobile number of the applicant.
- After entering the details, you will get a separate registration code on the mobile number and e-mail Id, only then you can fill part B and C
- You can save, edit or fill the form later as per your convenience. But when you re-log in, step 2 will be repeated.
- Fill part B and C carefully.
- After filling the signatory details, upload the photograph and other documents in JPG/GIF format.
- After reviewing the application, pay application processing fees of Rs. 500/- through debit or credit card or through net banking.
- In case you don't have digital signature, then follow step as follows:
- Take a print out of the duly filled application form.
- Put signature manually.
- Upload the duly signed form and also submit the printed and duly signed and filled application in the office of concerned regional authority through post or by hand.
- On submission, a confirmatory message or e-mail of receipt of application would be sent on registered mobile number or email.
- You can check your application status of IEC registration, by clicking in application status Tab.