If you want to do an import and export business for your company, you need to get your hands on an IEC or to be precise, an import export code. It is a 10 digit number that is issues y the Director General of foreign trade, department of commerce, Government of India.
There is no way to take part in an import and export business without this code. To that end, obtaining an import and export code is not necessarily an easy task. You would have to make sure that your business adheres to the rules and regulations that have been setup by the department.
What are the steps associated with acquiring IEC code?
The steps associated with getting the IEC doe are as follows:
- You need to first fill the IEC application form that is available online.
- This application is form no ANF 2A.
- The documents required in this application are your Bank account details and your PAN card.
- You need to fill the A, B and D part of the application form. These parts are needed to the submitted in order to get the code.
- Every page of this application should be signed by the applicant.
- You need to submit the documents required along with the application as well. These documents include:
- Bank account details
- Self attested copy of the PAN card
- Bankers Certificate
- Two passport sized photographs. These are needed to be self attested.
- A covering letter that would have the letter head of the company
- If you filling the form online, you need to submit the scanned copies of these documents.
- You need to pay the IEC application fees.
- When it comes to offline submission, you need to submit the physical copies of the documents.
- A self attested envelope of 30 rupees is going to be sued to submit the application and the documents.
All these steps need the assistance from the experts. To that end, you can ask for assistance as well.
If all the documents are correct, the IEC doe will be dispatched by post to the applicant’s address.
As the code reaches you, you are going to be eligible for IEC.