FSSAI or FOOD Safety and Standards Authority in India is the primary body in India that ensures that the process foods that are available in the market accentuate upon the right hygienic and safety standards. Therefore, every FBO or Food business operator that engages with import, export, processing, storing or manufacturing of processed foods is required to obtain the FSSAI license. There are three types of these licenses and through the course of this blog; we are going to take a brief look into these licenses.
Three types of FSSAI Licenses
The three types of licenses are the following:
- Basic Registration: This registration is to be applied for if the annual turnover of the FBO is less then INR 12 lakhs. The form used for this registration is the Form A.
- State license: When it comes to central and state license, is not the only factor that decides the type of FSSAI license that you need:
- If the annual turnover of the FBO lies between INR 12 lakhs and INR 20 lakhs, then it is necessary for you to get a hold of the FSSAI license. The form to be filled in order to obtain this license is Form B.
- If the FBO is engaging with Food business of a business size. For example hotel, restaurants, food manufacturers, then too state license is needed.
- Central License:
- The annual turnover of the FBO is more than INR 20 lakhs, and then FSSAI central License is needed.
- In the case where the business food operator is a large manufacturer, then too, a FSSAI Central license is needed.
These are the types of FSSAI Licenses that you should be aware of. If you want to avail these licenses, then with Registrationwala, you have a way to get hold of this license without any issue.