When running a company, you would want to make sure that the quality of the products and the quality of the ethics and operations are also top notch. To that end, you seek out ISO certification; a certification that is bestowed upon you by International Organization for Standardization. An independent organization, it provides standards for safety, quality and efficiency of the products and services.
With this certification at your side, you are not able to provide to the world that you are able, but are also motivated to provide the best services possible.
Knowing Various Types of Certifications That You Require
Before we begin to tell you about the process pertaining to getting this certification, you need to know the various types of certifications that are available. These certifications are as follows:
- ISO 14001: This certifies that your product makes sure that the environment is safe (Environment management)
- ISO 9001 2008: This certifies that your product and/or services have the right quality. (Quality management)
- ISO 27001: This certifies the quality of cyber security (information security management)
- ISO 22008: This certifies the safety of the Food (Food Safety Management).
There are other types of ISO certifications. However, the ones that have been mentioned are the ones that are sought out the most. To that end, they would suffice for now.
Knowing the Right Body for ISO Certification
As we have already mentioned, the ISO itself doesn’t have the actual power to provide the certification to the companies. This responsibility has been bestowed upon other companies. To that end, you must know the organization from which you are opting for getting the said certification.
Choosing the right ISO registrar is as important as the certification itself:
- Make sure that you evaluate the several ISO certification service provides that you encounter.
- It is mandatory for every ISO body to confer to the CASCO standards. To that end, make sure that the company that you are opting for follows CASCO standards.
- Make sure that your service providers are accredited or not. Though not a necessary measure, the requirements to the ISO accreditation bodies must be complied with.
Steps to Get ISO Certification in India
- Our first step would be to create an application: This application is in the form of contract that both the registrar and the applicant have to agree to. It defined the following:
- The rights of both the parties
- The obligations of both the parties
- The next step is for the ISO auditor to review your documents: The ISO auditor will then review each every aspect of the procedures that are mentioned in the various policies and procedures of your company.
- Now, you need to fill the quality gaps: you can expect for there to be certain gaps when it comes to your policies. In that case, you need to form a plan to remove these quality gaps.
- Final 2-stage auditing: Once you have filled the gaps according to your own self, the ISO auditor is going to audit these new developments on their own. They will categorize all the things that you did not follow through in terms of minor and major ones. Then, you will be given a comprehensive list of these things that you did not follow through. At this stage, you will get a chance once again to get your company’s operations and products up to quality. Now comes the final stage, where the audit will be done again. If the ISO auditor is satisfied with the changes made at this stage, you will get your hands on the ISO certification in India.
Now, with this blog, you know both the value and the process of ISO certification. If you have any query, feel free to ask us in the comment section.