Mandatory KYC for Directors of all companies
In order keep the database of the registry updated the ministry of corporate affairs introduced the provision of conducting KYC of all Directors of all companies annually through a new form, i.e. DIR-3 KYC (Form). Here are some of the key points related to this new form.
- The directors who have been allotted DIN on or before 31st March are required to file this form by 31st August 2018.
- In this form, the director is required to mention his Unique Personal Mobile Number and Personal Email ID which would be verified by a One Time Password (OTP).
- This form shall be filed by the director by using his own Digital Signature Certificate and should be certified by the professional (CA/CS/CMA).
- The disqualified directors are also required to file DIR-3 KYC.
- If this form is not filed within the prescribed time the DIN of the defaulter director will be marked as deactivated. Moreover, after that, this form can only be filed by paying the fees of Rs 5000.
Documents required to file DIR-3 KYC
- Self Attested copy of PAN for Identity Proof
- Self-attested copy of Aadhar Card with an updated Mobile number with UIDAI for address proof.
- Latest passport size Photograph
- For OTP verification Personal Mobile Number and E-mail ID of directors
- The valid digital signature certificate of the director
Note 1) Submission of Passport is mandatory in case of Foreign Nationals.
2) Mobile No. and E-mail ID shall be on director's himself only.
3) In order to duly certify The E-form DIR-3 KYC the DSC of the Practicing Chartered Accountant, Practicing Company Secretary or Practicing Cost Accountant shall be attached.