Section 168 of the Companies Act, 2013 (�Act�) governs the provision regarding the resignation of director.
Step by Step guides to legal provisions of Resignation of Director:
- Director who intends to retire shall give a notice in writing to the Company and shall file form DIR-11 with 30 days from the date of resignation along with reasons.
- Board of Director of the company shall take note of the same and file a form DIR-12 within 30 days from the date of receipt of notice from the director.
- Update the statutory register of Director
- Company shall also mention this fact in the Board Report as well.
- Make sure after resignation of director, minimum required number of directors shall not fall below the statutory limit which is 2 or 3 in case of private limited or public limited company