In order to update its database and rule out any fraud directors, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) has introduced the electronic form DIR-3 KYC under rule 12A. The notification was recently released by the company on 5th August 2018 and was made applicable from 10th July 2018. After this date, every director who has received his DIN on or before 31st March is required to File DIR-3 KYC by 30th August 2018.
Who has to file DIR-3 KYC?
- According to section 12A of directors KYC every individual who has been allotted a Director’s Identification Number (DIN) on or before 31st March of a financial year is required to submit e-form DIR-3-KYC to the Central Government on or before 30th April of immediate next financial year.
- For the current year 2018-2019, every individual who has been allotted a valid DIN as at 31st March 2018 is required to submit the E-form DIR-3 KYC on or before 31st August 2018.
- Even the disqualified directors are required to file this form with the central government.
What is the mandatory information that is required for DIR-3 KYC?
- DIN (Director’s Identification Number) of Director
- The full name of directors as stated on PAN
- The father’s name of the director as per PAN
- Whether Indian Citizen or Not
- Information about the Nationality of Director
- In case of foreign director nationality will be as declared in Passport
- Stating Whether Resident in India or Not
- In case the director is Non-Resident passport will be mandatory
- Date of Birth according to PAN
- Income Tax PAN (Mandatory for Indian Citizens)
- Valid Passport (If having), Passport Number needs to be entered
- Aadhaar Number (Mandatory in case of Indian Citizen)
- For the verification through OTP the Personal Mobile Number and E-Mail Id
- Permanent Residential Address
- Present Residential Address
For more information about DIR-3 KYC click here