Choosing the best type of ISP License for your business
Choosing the best type for ISP License for your business comes with a lots of questions. In this article, we have answered them all. Read and know what ISP registration is required for the most profits.
Internet services are all the rage nowadays. Everyone wants to stay connected to it, and by extension, wants to stay connected for the rest of the world. With such a readily available clientele, why won’t anyone be interested in starting their own ISP?
Mostly because the entrepreneurs have a hard time choosing:
- The ISP that suits their ambition,
- The ISP that suits their budget,
- And the ISP license that’s the easiest for them to obtain.
Thus, through this article, we are going to provide you a lot of background in this matter. Through it, we will make choosing the best type of ISP License in India a bit easier for you.
ISP License choice that exist before you
Before you take your first step towards signing that ISP License agreement with the Department of Telecommunication, you need to take the following things into consideration:
- Your overarching goal of getting the ISP License: Do you want to expand your business? Or, you’re satisfied with providing internet access to a small region? Do you want to achieve penultimate growth? Or, do you want to tickle your altruistic bone and your goal of providing internet access is to provide assistance to the poor?
- The ISP License fee that you can manage: When we talk about the ISP License price, it’s where the budgetary restrictions come in. See, the ISP License cost varies depending upon the size of the area in which you want to provide internet access. For instance, if your goal is to provide internet access to the whole country, you’d have to shoulder the immense burden of high ISP License India fees. And, if you want to only provide to a small region the access to the internet, the cost of ISP License in India is reduced to just a fraction.
Based on your overarching goals to start an ISP and the consideration of ISP License cost in India, you have to choose among the following three licenses:
- Category A License: A Category A ISP is the biggest internet service provider, spanning it’s services across the whole nation. This factor makes the ISP License cost for this one, the highest.
- Category B ISP License: If you’re someone who want to exclusively cater to commercial metropolitan states of the country, you can choose the Category B ISP License. With it, you get the authorization to provide internet access to one of the 20 metropolitan states of the nation.
- Category C ISP License: What if your goal is to only provide internet to a certain small region? What if, you want to concentrate your technical expertise to provide internet access to a village, a town or to even a single street? If that’s the case, Category C ISP License can help you achieve this goal.
How to get ISP License in India?
Now, know about how to get ISP License in India. The steps are simple enough to understand. But remember, it’s the ISP License consultant that would assist you in this process:
- Establish an ISP private limited or a Public Limited Company.
- Convening a board meeting and passing the resolution to start an ISP.
- Pass a special resolution to apply for ISP Licence.
- Filing the application for ISP License online registration. And attaching to it, the following documents:
- Certificate of incorporation of your company
- Memorandum of Association of your company
- List of directors heading your ISP
- List of shareholders with stakes in your company.
- A duly filled application form.
- A power of attorney to authorize the right signatory for the job.
- If the application is approved by the experts, you’ll receive a letter of intent.
- Follow the instructions specified in the letter of intent. They would include paying the performance bank guarantee and financial bank guarantee and submitting the details of the same.
- Get the ISP License and commence the internet business as soon as possible.
Choosing the best type of ISP License for your business not only depends on your preferences. You need to think practically and only opt for the license that you can afford. To ensure that your ISP License requirement align with your overarching goals, consult with an ISP License consultant. They will help you through thick and thin of the application process. In addition, they will consult you intimately about this topic.