The ISO 22000 standard provides for the food safety management within the organization. By following this standard the organization is able to identify and control the food safety hazards in the organization. There exist the ISO 22000 certification requirements checklists that help in determining whether the organization has implemented, established and maintained the effective food management system or not. Moreover, it helps in exercising the control over the outsourced processes. Through this blog we will take a look at the comprehensive ISO 22000 certification requirement checklist.
This whole list can be divided into different areas namely the management responsibility and resources, planning and realization of safe products, validation, verification and improvement in food management system.
Food Safety Management System
- Checking whether the food safety management system is maintained or updated or not.
- Checking the defined scope of FSMS.
- Is the scope specified covers the aspects like products, product categories, processes and production sites.
- Is the food chain communicating the correct information regarding the food safety issues or not.
- Has the organization identified and documented the outsourced processes or not.
- The records related to the food safety policy and the related objectives.
- The procedures and records as prescribed by the ISO 22000 standards.
- All the documents required by the organization ensuring the effective development, implementation and updating the food safety management system of the organization.
- Checking whether the documents required are controlled or not.
- Documents ensuring that the changes are reviewed and their impact are determined.
- Whether the documents prepared legible, readily identifiable and retrievable or not.
- Is there any documented procedure to identify the controls required for the correcting, identifying, storing, retaining the controls required.
- Is the top management committed to development and implementation of food management system or not.
- Whether the top management is able to provide the evidence of the effectiveness and continuous improvement of the food safety management system or not.
- Is the food policy defined, documented and communicated within the organization or not.
- Whether the food policy adequately implemented to the organization or not.
Food Management System Planning
- Is there a proper planning to meet the objectives of the organization supporting food safety?
- Whenever the changes are made food management system the integrity of the food management system is kept intact.
- After the completion of the ISO 22000 certification procedure in India it must be checked whether the top management review the food management system at the regular interval in order to ensure the continuous sustainability, adequacy and the effectiveness of the system.
- Are the changes required to be made in the food safety management system made or not.
- Does the review by the management includes the follow up actions, analysis, adaptation to change, emergency situations actions, external audits and customer feedback.
Does the organization provides the multiple resources for the establishment and maintenance of infrastructure according to the ISO 2200 standards or not.
Getting familiar with the requirements of ISO 22000 certification India and implementing them to the business can assist the applicant in obtaining this certificate and implementing this standard to their business seamlessly.