The ISO 9001 2015 is the quality management standard ensuring that within the organization the quality management system are in place and there is no comprise in the quality management system of the company. Through the procedure for the ISO 9001 certification an application shall be made for the same and the audit will be conducted to ensure the compliance with the standards.
The international organization for standardization is a body that prescribes certain standards with respect of quality, safety, and efficiency of products and services provided by businesses. The ISO 9001 is a quality management standard that is aimed at ensuring that the quality management system within the organization is appropriate and efficient. By obtaining the ISO 9001 certificate the business units can gain the business credibility and it also improves the overall efficiency of the business. In the ISO 9001 certification process the proper audit will be conducted the ISO officer to ensure the accurate applicability of the standards. Through the course of this article we will take a look at the procedure for ISO certification in India.
Procedure for Obtaining the ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Selecting the ISO certification body- Before starting the procedure of ISO certification it is important for the applicant to select the appropriate ISO certification body as authorized by the government of India.
- Creating the application/contract- A contract shall be created between the registrar and the applicant stating the rights and obligations of both the parties. It is important that both the parties shall agree to it.
- Review of Quality Documents- The various documents of the company including the details of the various procedures and policies followed in the organization will be reviewed by the iSO auditor. With this review the auditor will be able to identify the possible gaps in the organization in comparison to the stipulated ISO standards.
- Developing an Initial action plan- The ISO auditor will inform the applicant about the existing gaps in his organization and will ask the applicant to make a plan for eliminating these gaps. The employees engaged in the quality management system will also be informed and trained about the various quality management standards.
- Conducting the Initial certification audit- Initially an audit will be conducted by the ISO auditor to check the operations within your organization. In this audit all the non-conformities in the systems of organization will be detected by auditor. All the differences are divided by him in the major and minor one. Further, the applicant is required to assess the same and get all the non-conformities aligned according to the desired quality standards.
- Re-audit- Once all the changes are made by the organization the final auditing will be conducted in the organization. In this audit he will finally check whether the prescribed standards are met or not. Once the ISO auditor is satisfied a final report will be prepared by him and forwarded it to the registrar.
- Granting the ISO certification- Once all the non-conformities are addressed and put in the audit report by the ISO auditor the ISO certification will be granted to the applicant.
- Surveillance Audits- Just getting the certificate of registration is not enough after getting the certificate also the surveillance audit will be conducted by the ISO auditor. This audit is majorly conducted to ensure that ISO quality standards are being maintained by the organization.
There is a complete step by step procedure that is required to be followed in order to obtain the ISO 9001 certification in India. This procedure is quite intricate and may require a lot of time with resources. Thus, before moving ahead make sure to check out the article why should I obtain 9001 for my business? That will motivate you to go ahead.