There are many steps to start an e-commerce business in India. However, there are only some that are as comprehensible and multi-faceted as the ones that are mentioned in this blog. The goal of this blog is not only to start your e commerce, but also to make it successful as well. For more information, you can contact Registrationwala regarding this matter.
E Commerce is no more a simple concept, it has now ingrained in our very lives. Therefore, many in India are looking for a way to start an ecommerce business in India. Now, if you want to start an e commerce of your own, then you should know that there is a lot more involved in it than just buying a portal and a sever and starting to sell the products. Therefore, through the following steps, you are going to learn about not only how to start ecommerce business, but also how to make it successful as well.
10 Steps to Start an Ecommerce Business
- Step 1: Your first job is to name your business: If you want to be the bearer of a successful e commerce enterprise, you need to make sure that the name that you choose for your business screams uniqueness. Therefore, choose a name for your e commerce website right now.
- Step 2: Time to buy a domain name and create a website: Now that you have decided upon the matter of name, it is time to start on the matter of online space. Therefore, by a domain name with the name that you have chosen. If the name is not available outright, you might have to rethink the name. Anyway, after choosing a domain name, buy it and begin working on your website creation. Now, as for e commerce websites, there is a standard convention to follow. However, if you want to go a bit unique, you can do so. That being said; don’t be so outlandish that the visitors of your site feel lost. Therefore, stick to the basics for a bit.
- Step 3: Select a business entity that you want: Without a business structure, your e commerce website would be nothing more than a castle of sand. Therefore, choose a business entity like either an LLP, partnership firm, One Person Company or a Private limited company. That being said, if you don’t have partners, sticks with a One Person Company for now. After you have selected your structure, you need to file for company registration to get your business incorporated.
- Step 4: Obtain the PAN of the company: Once you have decided upon the business structure and have registered it, you need to apply for a PAN card in the name of the company. This way, you have that extra perk of limited liability.
- Step 5: Obtain all the necessary licenses that you need to do your business: Now, as an e commerce website, you need to ensure that you are able to export and import your business beyond national and international borders. Therefore, apply for an Import Export Code as well. The procedure is pretty simple and you are going to get the code within a short time.
- Step 6: Get the right vendors: If you are using your own creations and selling them, it is well and good. However, if you are aiding others in selling their products, you need to make sure that these vendors are right for your website. Therefore, make sure to choose vendors that have the best track record.
- Step 7: Get to marketing now: While you can begin the marketing once you have established your company, if you have the right plan, you can begin the marketing even after your website is just created. In order market your brand; brand registration is a form of IP protection that you should look into as well. With trademark registration, the name and/or logo that you have chosen for your company couldn’t be infringed upon.
- Step 8: evolve your software with time: In order to make sure that your e commerce is successful, you need to ensure that the website is running optimally and the interface used is right. Therefore, make sure to update your application from time to time.
- Step 9: Stay compliant in your business: as an incorporated company, there is company compliance that you should follow. Therefore, you need to make sure that you stay compliant with your GST returns, Annual Returns, Income tax returns and other matters.
- Step 10: Never be under supplied: One thing that you need to make sure that you are a success as an e-commerce is to ensure that you are always stocked with products to sell.
These are the 10 steps to make you a success as an e-commerce website.