To broadcast your radio channels, you need a specific frequency allocated to you. It’s done by applying for an obtaining SACFA clearance. In this article, we are taking a simplified look at the procedure and the documents required for SACFA approval
SACFA is Standing Advisory Committee on Radio Frequency Allocation. It’s the primary authority with the responsibility to formulate a frequency allocation plan and to make recommendations concerned with frequency reallocation.
Obtaining SACFA clearance certificate is thus, a requirement for any broadcaster as it allocates a frequency to them over which the broadcaster can then broadcast his channel. Following are the broadcasters for whom the SACFA clearance certificate is mandatory:
1. DTH service providers
2. Internet Service Providers
3. Cellular Service providers
4. Community Radio Service Providers.
Following are the documents required to obtain SACFA clearance certificate in India:
1. Put together all the information you need to enter in the SACFA clearance application form
2. Fill the online application for SACFA clearance
3. Submit the hard copies of the application and the required documents.
4. Wait for the Wireless Planning And Coordination Wing to assess your application
5. Get the SACFA approval
The SACFA guidelines for the application procedure are very fuzzy. However, our experts have been able to simplify the procedure guidelines.
1. You need to put together the following information to start application filing procedure:
a. Details of the contact number
b. Contact Info of the said person
c. Type of organization the contact person hails from: It can be an NGO< educational or Agricultural
d. Name of the organization
e. Address of the organization
f. Frequency that you want to broadcast at.
g. Address of the CRS location complete with its longitudinal and latitudinal position. It must be first verified by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
h. The height of CRS above the sea level
i. Height of CRS building
j. Service Area
k. D/L Number
l. Nature and Activity of your organization
m. Demand Draft of the application processing fee
2. File the online application for SACFA clearance:
Once you’ve gathered all the required info, you are ready to enter them in the online application form. To access it, you need to register and login at the saralsanchar portal. Keep the time constraint in mind when filing the application, because you don’t have more than 15 minutes to fill and submit the application form.
3. After you’ve filed the online application, take its physical copy and submit it, along with the documents to the WPC wing in your area.
4. The application will be assesses and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you’ll obtain the SACRA clearance certificate.
Radio channel broadcasters need SACFA approval to be able to broadcast their channels over their allocated frequency. The procedure to obtain the approval is a hard one, and it has many to get their applications rejected. If you don’t want the same to happen to you, consult with Registrationwala.