Ayurveda is the foundation of medicine. Known by several names across different civilization (Unani, Siddha and even homeopathy), it’s Ayurveda that made modern medicine possible.
It gave an idea of chemicals involved in medicine and the modern health industry found a way to concentrate and commercialize them. However it has now become evident that modern medicine is nowhere near finding a cure for this pandemic. And that’s why, we are once again looking into the past towards Ayurveda to search if the answer to coronavirus lies with nature, and the government is here to help.
What is AYUSH?
Ayush is the result of Ayushman Bharat Yojana, a government initiative to mainstream Ayurvedic medicine once again. India once had a bounty of life-lengthening and disease-removing cures courtesy of this discipline and through AYUSH it’s attempting to regain that bounty. Under this scheme, several vulnerable and poverty-stricken get about INR 5 LAKH per year for treatment in secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
The secondary and tertiary care health units we talk about are the Ayurvedic and homeopathic medication units, and before to get the government funding for the Ayurvedic cure, you need to get AYUSH license.
How to get Ayush License?
Ayush license is a car equivalent of a driving license where the car is your Ayurvedic medicine manufacturing company. The process of acquiring the said license is as follows:
- First you go to the Ayush site related to your particular state
- Then, you file the form and while doing so, upload and attach the following documents:
- Your personal details
- Copy of manufacturing license
- List of products that you are planning to produce
- Master file of your website
- Manufacturing formula that you are implementing
- Analysis method for your products
- List of products that have been approved by CoPP
- Stability study evaluation
- List of technical staff
- Diagrams of the machinery and layout of the plant
- Export data of the last two years
- Certificates of analysis
- Undertaking that no non-herbal metals or minerals are present in your product
- Undertaking that your business is compliant to the rules and regulation set by the people.
- Now, apply for GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and CoPP is required.
- Go to the Directorate of Ayush and submit the application.
None of the above steps are possible if you don’t register your business. by registering your business and giving your Ayurvedic trade a legal entity, you can go through the above steps a lot easier.
What it takes to get hold of that research grant
Nothing in this world comes for free, and the same goes for Ayush grant. If you want COVID-19 research grant, you would need to share all the commercial and intellectual property rights with the Modi government.
Our experts can help you with securing the IP property rights like trademark and copyright registration.
The Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) has notified in the official memorandum dated 4th June – the conditions upon which research can be granted to the AYUSH registration holders.
Furthermore, the applicants have to submit the complete dossier with the following information:
- Complete Drug dossiers
- Common technical documents of proprietary
- Preliminary data related to testing the drugs
- Supporting documents and proofs that substantiate the claims made by the medicine.
Covid 19 has the world stumped, but it has also given us an opportunity to show what our “desi” medications are capable of. If you are someone who is planning to start an Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha or Homeopathic medicine and is looking for business registration or trademark and copyright registration services, get in touch with us. We are going to set you on the road towards AYUSH registration and then you can show the world the power of Medicine that nature provides.