Since the beginning of time, we have seen nature in a spiritual way. We have understood its bounties and the healthcare products that it provides. It’s only recently that we traded tree barks for chemicals, meditation for antipsychotics, and liquorice for antihistamines.
In our quest to be more modern, and get treated quickly, we have forgotten the value that Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) medicine can provide. However, now, things are changing. The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world towards alternative medicine, which in many ways, is a good news for AYUSH
In this article, I will take you through the AYUSH License Procedure.
Steps to take to get the AYUSH license
- Register your business entity: To start manufacturing, selling or developing alternative medicines, you need a legal infrastructure to do business. Thus, your first step should be to register your enterprise as a business entity. Choose between any of the following:
- One person company
- Private limited company
- Furnish the required documents: This is the most important step to get the AYUSH. You should have an in-depth knowledge about all the AYUSH license requirements. Following are the documents that you need to accumulate:
- ID proofs of the directors/partners of the business entity
- Passport sized photographs of the directors/partners of the business entity
- Proof of business registration
- Cover letter that specifies the reason you are applying for the AYUSH license. It will contain all that you are planning to do. The area of your manufacturing unit if you are manufacturing, your warehousing unit if you are planning to store and sell, and other details.
- Site plan where you plan to establish your Ayurvedic, Unani, Yoga, Siddha or Homeopathic centr
- Ayush license fees as mentioned in the demand draft.
- Declaration form in the prescribed format
- Copy of purchase bills
- Ownership proof of the premises which can be anything from rent agreement of place registry
- Address proof of the place
- Memorandum of Association/Articles of Association or Partnership deed /LLP agreement
- Affidavit that neither you nor your partners have been convicted of any wrong doing under the Drug and Cosmetic Act 1940.
- Appointment letter signed and given by a registered pharmacist.
- File the application of AYUSH registration: You will obtain the AYUSH application in the prescribed format from AYUSH website. Download it, take a print out, fill it, sign it and attach the above mentioned documents after self-attesting them.
- Let an expert check them: Contact a reliable AYUSH consultant who can check the application and your documents on your behalf.
- Submit the application: Once the application is filled, checked and re-checked, you can go ahead and submit it at the AYUSH branch active in your city.
Once the application is submitted, you have to wait for a month for it to be processed completely. That being said, we are living in interesting times where Ayurvedic medications are in immense demand, and in fashion. Thus, you might get the ayush registration within one month if you play the cards right.
Ayush drug license is in immense demand these days. The reason for that is obvious, but it’s up to you to take the opportunity grab this opportunity and file for Ayush license today.