This system of occupational health and safety management is recognized widely. This system helps all kinds of organizations to put in place demonstrably sound occupational health and safety performance. The OHSAS18001 certificate acts as the benchmark for the occupational health and safety management system of the company.� All companies can raise standards for their staff and customers with a certificate in health and safety best practice.
The standard sets the systems to be followed by the organization related to health and safety of the employees and stake holders. This standard is a preventive approach towards health & safety of employees. An OHSAS 18001 certificate reflects that the organization is committed to the safety and health of the employees at the workplace thus helps in maintaining the better long-term relations with employees, contractors. These standards were revised in 2007 to give equal importance to occupational health.
Steps to obtain OHSAS 18001 certification in India
- Recognizing the need for implementation OHSAS 18001 to the organization.
- Making the decision for obtaining the certification.
- Making a request for the certificate to the consultant.
- Conducting Pre-audit by consultants (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- The certificate is issued after successful completion of certification audit.
- Continuous audit at defined intervals
- Recertification audit after 3 years
Benefits of obtaining OHSAS 18001 certificate
- Elevate Profits - Obtaining this certificate and set standards according to it within the organization helps to prevent the extra cost involved in paying the claims for damages or disaster recovery leading to substantial reduction in the premium to be paid. This system directly focuses on the causes of ill health. Thus it will reduce the number of leaves taken due to sickness, which will result in reduced wage cost and increased productivity.
- Boost employee performance- It assures the appropriate well-being and safety measures set up in the organization which results in less sickness and increased morale of employees and less staff turnover. Moreover, the skill shortages and lack of competence are also identified and addressed.
- Addresses Business Risk - It identifies and manages the legal responsibilities of the company thus protect the company from any kind of prosecution.
- Avoid serious accidents- Most of the major accidents are caused by the inefficiency in carrying out the risk management; with setting up these standards proper measures are taken to prevent any serious accidents, fatalities, and interruptions in business activities.
- Boost sales- These 18001 certified organization helps to create a good brand image in the market thus more and more customers are attracted. Further, it reduces the operating cost thus the organization can maintain margin in the price pressure situation. Moreover, it helps to create a good brand image among the stakeholders or investors.
For more information about ISO Certification visit ISO Registrationwala.com