After the incorporation of the company, there are certain legal requirements that it is required to fulfill in order to be compliant with the rules and regulations laid.
Congratulations on successfully incorporating your company in India. Do you think just by getting your company registered your work is done? Just incorporating a company is not enough. There are certain post incorporation compliances requirements that every company whether it is a private limited company or a public company is required to fulfill within the stipulated time period.Acompany is an artificial person who is incorporated and managed through its directors. Thus the directors of the companies are responsible are responsible for handling things are required to be done after the incorporation of the company.
Here we have listed out the things that are required to be done after the incorporation of the company. Let us understand them completely.
- Opening Current Account- The Company incorporated is required to open its bank account before issuing any shares. The various documents required for opening bank account includes the following-
- Certificate of incorporation
- Resolution of board of directors
- Company’s MOA and AOA
- List of latest directors of the company
- Address proof of registered office address
- Identity proof of the directors
- Appointment proof of current directors
- Proof of Resignation of directors
- Company PAN card
- Shareholding of the company
- Display of CIN - Just after the company incorporation certificate is received the board containing the below-mentioned details is required to place outside the registered office address of the company.
- Name of the company
- CIN number of the company
- Registered address of the company
- The telephone number of the company
- Address of the company’s website or the FAX number of the company if any.
- Appointment of Auditors- According to the section 139(6) of the Companies Act 2013 the board of the directors of the company is required to appoint the first auditor within 30 days of company registration. The auditor shall be appointed by filing FORM ADT-1 with the ministry of corporate of affairs. In case the directors are not able to appoint the auditors within the specified time the auditor shall be appointed in general meeting within 90 of company registration.
- Applying for TAN and PAN – After registration company becomes the separate legal identity thus it is required to apply for its PAN number and TAN number.
- Maintaining Statuary Registers of the company- There are certain registers that are required to maintain by the company and kept at its registered office.
- The issue of share certificates- It is mandatory for every company to issue share certificates to the subscribers of memorandum within two months from the date of incorporation. Thus, the subscribers are required to submit the agreed subscription amount to the company within 60 days of incorporation.
- GST Registration- After the companyregistration it is mandatory for you check the criteria for GST registration. In case you fall under the purview of GST regime make sure to get this registration so as to avoid any tax evasions and legal proceeding following it.
- Trademark Registration - In India it is not mandatory to obtain trademark registration. However, it is highly advisable for you to obtain trademark registration in order to protect your unique and innovative brand name.
- Adoption of Letterhead and common seal- Just after the registration the company is required to get its letterhead printed containing the details like name of the company, registered office address, CIN number, telephone number, E-mail ID, FAX number if any. Further, the company is also required to adopt its common seal with its name engraved in the legible characters on it.
- Miscellaneous Stationery-The Company shall get its MOA and AOA printed, Minutes loose leaf at least 100, printed share certificated minimum fifty.
The directors of every company shall take adequate steps to fulfill these requirements in order to enjoy the smooth working without any interference.