OSP registration in India is a dream of many. If you want to start a business that provides IT enabled services to others, you need an OSP license. The department of telecommunication provides this license. DOT OSP registration can be a long and drawn out procedure.
If you are a service provider that engages with Tele banking, tele-medicine, tele-trading, tele-education, e commerce, call center, network operation center and other IT enabled services, then as per the New Telecom Policy, you will be termed as an OSP or Other service Provider. OSP registration in India is the only way for you to work as an OSP. This registration is provided by Department of Telecommunications.
DOT OSP Registration: What is it?
Aspiring to start a call center? Well, if you are, then you are not the only one in India to dream the same. India is a sort of hub for outsourcing and as Other Service Providers; we have already left a mark on the world. However, in order to start as an OSP, you need the proper registration for it. The reason for this is fairly simple: a fair amount of telephony is involved with such services and only an authorized telecom service provider should be authorized to do so. Therefore, getting an OSP started should involve proper channels and a DOT OSP Registration is the gateway to that. This regulation has aided over 2500 Other Service Providers to setup shop in India.
Who are required to obtain this licence?
If you are looking for this license, then you should be engaged with the following services:
- Tele Banking
- Tele Medicine
- Tele Education
- Tele Trading
- E Commerce
- Call Center
- Network Operations
- Other IT services.
All of these services need the following telecom facilities to function properly:
- Public switched telecom network
- Land mobile network
- Integrated Services Digital Network
- And other services
What is the requirement associated with starting an OSP?
If you want to start an OSP, then the first thing that you have to be is a business entity. Therefore many company registrations that you can go through to become a company for that. Every entity that is looking to provide IT enabled services must first be registered as a private limited company. Once your company is registered, the documents needed for DOT OSP registration are as follows:
- Company incorporation certificate
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Name of the business and the activities that the business is proposing.
- List of the directors of the company
- The present shareholdings
- A board of resolution or a power of attorney, both of them needs to be signed by an authorized signatory.
OSP Compliances to remember
Once you have registered yourself as an OSP, you need to adhere to certain compliances. Failing to do so can bring a lot of legal troubles. Once you have gotten the OSP registration, the license you get is valid for up to 20 years.
The compliances that are needed to be adhered to are as follows:
- Annual Return compliance: This details the activities that the OSP undertook in addition to its current status. It is necessary to submit it within 6 months of the completion of the financial year.
- There are some terms and conditions that have been prescribed by the Department of telecommunication. It is necessary for the OSP to adhere to them as well.