Infrastructure Sharing between Domestic OSP and International OSP
Infrastructure Sharing between Domestic OSP and international OSP is important to maximize the reach of the OSPs. However, there are certain general and technical terms and conditions that the OSPs need to follow in order to adhere to operational parameters
When dealing with OSP, you might begin within a particular territory. Then, once you have gotten enough success, you might want to collaborate with someone on an international scale. Conversely, as an international OSP, you might want to save some money while you are integrating yourself in a particular country. In both of these matters, one of the matters of concern is infrastructure sharing between domestic OSP and international OSP. Fortunately, both of them are possible. However, there are some general and technical terms and conditions that are needed to be followed as well.
General terms and conditions
- Before sharing infrastructure, written approval of the authority is required.
- Both of the OSPs should be owned by the same company
- A call center of at least 50 seats should be set up by the OSP
- If there are any violation of the terms and conditions of OSP registration, the OSP shall be deemed responsible. This response will include and will not be limited to the employees.
- If there are any violations found from the OSPs side, then the authority is in its power to take the appropriate action. The action can range from forfeiture of the security deposit to cancellation of OSP registration.
Technical terms and conditions
Following are the conditions if the EPABX used by the domestic and international OSPs are separate and independent:
- There should be no interconnectivity between domestic OSP and international OSP
- There should be a separate EPABX for domestic OSP and International OSP. However, they might have a common operator position.
- It is to be ensured by that OSP that only one call is to be offered to the operator position at a time, regardless of whether the call is incoming or outgoing, domestic or international.
- There should be no voice traffic between Domestic OSP and international OSP centers.
- There should be no bypassing of the network of Authorized Telecom Service Providers.
- The OSP should make sure that all system logs are protected from any temper and all logs are temper proof.
Following are the terms and conditions if the domestic and international OSPs are sharing a common EPABX with logical partitioning.
- There should be no connectivity between domestic OSP and international OSP
- It is necessary for the company to submit a certificate from the equipment vendors. This certificate should declare that the equipment is perfectly capable of handling the bifurcation of common infrastructure n 2 or three separate and independents environments.
- There should be a complete logical separation between the domestic OSP and the international OSPs and PSTN lines for Office use
- The Company should make sure that the system logs cannot be tampered with and are preserved for auditing purposes.
- The OSP should maintain call detail records and Usage data records
- When demanded, the OSP should provide the above records to the security agencies.
These are the technical terms and conditions that you must make sure that the OSPs live by. For more information regarding this matter, Registrationwala is always open to help.